I have played Enemy Territory for few years, I was playing also Counter Strike for few times. You can say I am not experienced in CS. Yes, that’s true, but it doesn’t make any difference. Wolf:ET and CS are, hmm, games from similar times, but they are completely different for me. Like I wrote playing in ET took much of my time and playing in CS haven’t. I know many reasons why is that and it’s not because I like ET more than CS. ET’s just better.
Why does Enemy Territory is better than Counter-Strike. I can find multiple reasons why it’s that.
– ET has better graphic. It’s better for online multiplayer playing, just faster and you do not have to download that much of graphic files.
– ET is more enjoyable.
– People playing ET are more experienced, I mean they are usually older and you do not have to play with silly kids.
– You can chat easily and find new friends. For example I met few people in ET also in real world. Really interesting people.
– The Second World War. Allies vs Axis. What could beat that story? Simple nothing.
– ET is faster, maybe it’s not so realistic (I mean it could be, but it depends of server configuration), but makes much fun and adds much adrenaline (btw, there’s adrenaline in game, too!)
– ET has amazing, just awesome maps. So simple, so different and so good.
– Weapons. Nothing could beat ET guns. FG42, Thompson, MP40, Panzerfaust, K43, Sten, Colt1911. Just pwns.
– No kids, no nubs. On mostly servers.
– So different gamemodes. It can be so realistic, just like in Second World War, and it can be as much fun as it gives – double jumps, panzerwar, riflewar, knifewar etc. Owned.
There’s so much I can write here, I will try to add more of it ofcourse, as soon as possible. Thanks for reading.